Bill Albert: Garden is a testimony to organ donor

The Toledo Blade | BY TAHREE LANE
Bill Albert has cultivated an exotic oasis in the backyard of his Waterville home. Left, hibiscus; center, canna. Right: That's Bill!     THE BLADE/KATIE RAUSCH

Garden is a testimony to organ donor.
Name: Bill Albert, retired assistant state auditor, living in Waterville.

Garden specs: Front yard is 61-by-40-feet; back yard is 61-by-80-feet.

When did you start gardening? When I moved here 32 years ago. The way the garden is now began about 10 years ago. I built a 14-by-10-foot patio against the house and made a double-decker patio. It gets full sun and I wanted a southwestern effect so I planted sedums, succulents, corn grass, prickly pear, and cacti in beautiful talavera pots from Mexico. In the grassy area beyond the patio it became tropical. Still to come are a hummingbird/butterfly garden and a shade garden.




______________________________________________________ 
"You have the power to SAVE lives." 
To register as a donor TODAY
In California: 
www.donateLIFEcalifornia.org | www.doneVIDAcalifornia.org 
Outside California: 
www.organdonor.gov | www.donatelife.net

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Media Advisory - Facebook® Announces the Availability of Organ Donation Tool in Canada

Wisconsin Mother to Honor the Life of Her Daughter at Rose Bowl Parade

"You Saved My Life" An Ohio donor family will meet their loved one's organ recipients for first time on Fox's Mobbed